Saturday, May 7, 2011

Insanity Workout - Day 5

Another day down! I normally workout in the afternoons but did this one in the morning.

This routine was called 'Pure Cardio' and was rough. I took some breaks but got the job done and unloaded a lot of sweat. I read a bit of others' experiences before trying it so wasn't caught off guard by Shaun's warning that he was nervous about the exercise and his famous comment at the end "This @#@$@ is bananas" LOL.

The gotcha is there is a 15-minute sequence of non-stop cardio with no breaks.

The warm ups went smoothly, seemed a little easier on this one. I paused at the end of the warm-ups to make sure I was ready to go. It's intense if you're pushing through. I had to pause for a minute every 5 minutes to keep heart rate down and water up. I wasn't too disappointed doing this because some of the cast members were taking breaks too.

One interesting note I observed -- somewhere in the middle of the cardio, Shaun suggests pushing through because the next exercise is a little bit of break. The exercise he was referring to is 'Scissor Runs' and for some reason this was no break to me, I got me tired fast on those!

No comments: