Thursday, May 5, 2011

Insanity Workout - Day 3

Day 3 complete! Lots of sweat but I feel some improvement in endurance.

One definite help by this point is realizing how to pace yourself better (as well as making sure you have plenty of water and a sweat towel handy). My pace usually ends with me at ~185-190 heart rate for each break. I'm definitely slower than the trainers but able to complete the sets.

The hardest move for me seemed to be the 'floor sprints' (aka mountain climbers). These are the ones where you're in a push up position but you run with your legs bringing your knee in. Something I need to practice, either in form or building up the muscles involved (my quads most likely).

Btw: I started the diet for the program a day early to rehearse how I was going to eat 5 times a day. I weighed 199.0 pounds. This morning (4th day on diet, 3rd day of insanity but before 3rd workout) I was at 195.8, so definitely some weight loss improvement, either from just the diet or both.

No comments: