Monday, June 9, 2008

Concealed Carry Update

I completed my required Concealed Carry Handgun Training course this Saturday. It was a LONG day. The class started at 9am and didn't let out until 8pm. It covered North Carolina laws on concealed carry and when you can use deadly force. The instructor was great (Tom Iradi) with Eagle Rock Training systems. This guy is hilarious, here's a link to Eagle Rock with a pic of Tom...
http://www.eaglerockts.com/aboutus.html

I actually had the same instructor when I took the class a little over 5 years ago. He did some of the same antics this time around as well, including some upside down firing of his 50-caliber pistol (LOL). His marksmanship is awesome too. He shared with us a lot of tips on marksmanship which I think really helped my performance on the firing range.

At the end of the day you get your certificate which you carry to your county Sheriff's department along with paying $90 cash (in addition to the $120 you paid for the training course). They make you fill out some paperwork (like asking you if you are crazy) then take your finger prints. You then leave and wait until they notify you when the permit is ready (which can take up to 90-days). I'm in Cabarrus County and have heard it can sometimes be sooner (like 30-days) for us here. We'll see. I turned in my certificate today.

No comments: