Wednesday, January 9, 2008

First night back at UNCC

I decided to go back to UNCC to finish my computer science degree. I left college early to start work (most programmer jobs don't care about degrees, but about your skillset). The degree will probably be worthless to me from a career perspective since I have a solid background and resume (worked at Microsoft for 7 years, and stay up to date on MS products/technologies). But it's something I want to close out from a past chapter in life.

Tonight was English 1102 "Writing in the Academic Community." Only chosen since it was a requirement for the degree program. Looks like it will be a lot of reading, note taking, and in-class discussion. The instructor is going to center all the material around the U.S. presidential election. We'll see how it goes...

No comments: