Sunday, January 6, 2008

8-ball Express and tourney result

Tonight was the first night of our 8-ball express league. We play out of Rack'em in Matthews NC. They run a small Sunday tournament starting a 5pm. I got there a little early to play in it.

They have me down as an "8" in the tournament, so when I played a 2 it was an 8-2 race (ouch!). She got a game on me after 4 racks, she needed only one more and I still needed 4 more. I stayed focused to eventually capture that match and continue on.

I ended up making it to the end on the winner's bracket. I got some breaks here and there - I wouldn't say I got lucky rolls, but didn't get unlucky is how I would describe it. It was late so I offered to split the pot on the final match with a $10 cut in my favor ($95 / $75). He agreed and we paid our tabs and headed home.

While waiting for the loser's bracket to finish, I played another 5 for my league match, a 5-3 race. I was "dialed in" from playing in the tournament and took another 5-0 victory.

No comments: