Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Insanity Workout - Day 57 (Week 9 day 1)

On the home stretch! Today I knocked out the first day of the last week. Woot. There's still two days of Max Cardio + Cardio Abs on the same day so it's not a cakewalk. :P

These workouts have become part of my regular routine. I found on the Off days I feel like I should be getting a workout in! But of course, in the back of my mind I'm content to get the comforting rest in. :)

Today was a good day. I got home a bit tired but took 1.25 scoops of Jack3d and was up and at 'em. My 11yr old daughter was interested again and surprisingly made it through the whole workout with me! She did all the moves except the push-ups which were a little too tough. We paused at each of the breaks to get longer than 30-second rests in.

I'm feeling a lot more fit and performing the moves stronger. I continually feel my pants aren't fitting the same and keep having to use belts to keep the pants up. I even switched to a smaller belt.

I'm currently 176.8, although fluctuated from 176.0 the other day. I have noticed the weight hasn't been changing much the last 2 weeks. Whereas in the beginning I was shredding pounds like crazy. I seem to have stablized out in this area although it's still creeping downward.

Btw: They say you shouldn't weigh yourself everyday, but I look forward to checking every morning out of pure curiosity. I do that though knowing weight can fluctuate so do not get discouraged if there's some bouncing around. I haven't seen anything more than a 1 lb movement in the upward direction. Usually I'm surprised some mornings where I feel heavier for some reason but the scale reports I've lost weight.

I plan on celebrating the finale with a nice dinner from my favorite fast food restaurant, Bojangles. Two breast fried chicken dinner with seasoned fries and sweet tea. Mmmmm. I might have to add in some cinnamon biscuits for desert. I've been craving that for about 60 days now. hehe. I figure even though it's a bit of bad calories, a one-time gorge shouldn't take long to offset. :) Of course, part of me wants to just keep on staying 100% clean on the diet.

I've come a long way, but I still feel like there's room for a lot of progress. For example, my chest and abs still aren't very defined. My biceps are slightly more pronounced now but not that noticeable of a difference to me. I'm thinking another round of a beachbody program and I'd start getting there. I still haven't completely decided on the next workout to target.

Some friends may start P90X so that would be good to do together. One thing that worries me there is I hear their workouts are longer (and so harder to fit into schedule). And other workouts have equipment recommendations whereas Insanity is just you. I'm leaning toward just continuing another round of Insanity. We'll see.

1 comment:

bosking said...

Insanity workout is quick and intense, no equipment needed. You know the workouts are difficult when people on the DVD are taking breaks in the middle of the insanity workouts. It is seriously a good system that you can go at your own pace and modify the workouts little to work around injuries or physical limitations and still get a good workout. I highly recommend it!