Monday, June 20, 2011

Insanity Workout - Day 41 (Week 7 day 7)

Just finished week 7 - posting on the Off day. Note, this week is called week 6 on the poster because the recovery week isn't counted.

I'm at 178 lbs which is insane! I have a couple of things to report:

- Although you get hit hard in Month 2, you definitely work into it and look forward to the workouts again. No soreness to report this week and I even miss working out on the Off day.

- I've had mixed feelings with Jack3d. Although I love the extra pump and 'wake up' it gives me, I've had two side effects: Abdominal pains and a mild headache. The abdominal pain comes with some bloating and feels like a sore stomach. The headache is no doubt from caffeine withdrawal coming after an Off day. I didn't take Jack3d on the 'Core Cardio and Balance' day just before this week's Off day, and today I felt sluggish and ended up with a mild headache (not bad but enough to annoy). I figure I could add some caffeine into my off days to compensate for the withdrawal there. But the stomach pains I haven't figured out yet. It seemed more intense when I went from 1-scoop to 1.5 scoops, so maybe I just need to take less Jack3d. I might also try drinking more water. The fit test is tomorrow along with Max Interval Circuit so I'll probably continue taking it at least a while longer. :)

- Still eating healthy. For breakfast I mostly had 2 eggs scrambled, 1 wheat slice, some strawberries, and a whey protein shake. Getting tired of the same things everyday I did some research and bought some Kashi cereal (Cinnamon Harvest). The Insanity nutrition guide mentions Kashi which led me down that path. It has a little bit more sugar than I would like, but still healthy and tastes GREAT! It also made me realize how much sugar milk has in it! Wow. I started that a last week and seems to be working fine (no noticeable slow down in results) so I recommend that cereal. The only other bit of a cheat on the diet is I have A1 sauce when having steak for dinner.

- Before/After pics are already showing an impressive difference. I'll post them when finally complete.

I still haven't decided what I want to do after Insanity. Some friends may do P90X so I might throw in with them on it. I might want a week off though to celebrate Insanity. We'll see. :) I have on my TODO list at the end, to have a 2 breast fried chicken dinner from Bojangles, with seasoned fries and sweet tea!

No comments: