Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Rock Band - Expert Solo Tour finished

I've had the Guitar Solo Expert tour on Rock Band at 60/61 finished for a while but kept dying on the solo in 'Green Grass and High Tides'. I finally committed myself to finishing that tonight and made it! What a relief! For anyone playing that song on Expert, you know what parts I'm talking about. There is a long solo sequence, most of which is straight forward to anyone who can play Expert in general, but there's a couple of long parts with nothing but super-fast triplets. If you get off just a bit, you're toast.

I was trying to use my GH3 guitar which I usually play better with. But for the solos in this song, I opt'd to use the Rock Band guitar (the one with the little buttons designed for these kind of solos). When the solos came at me, I switched to the little buttons which don't require strumming and used my right-hand to fire the triplet sequences. Worked like a charm.

No comments: